8 Ways To Avoid Zombie Mouth this Halloween
With Halloween arriving soon, Putney Dental Care have made a list of ways of how to avoid getting zombie mouth! Make sure you keep pro-active with your dental care!
- Avoid biting into hard candy: Biting on hard foods can chip your teeth or cause fracture lines.
- Eat Halloween lollies with meals: The production of saliva is increased during meals. Saliva helps to remove the acids that are produced by bacteria that can cause decay in your mouth.
- Avoid eating lollies that will stay in your mouth for a long time: Sweets that stay in the mouth for prolonged periods of time allows acid to breakdown the teeth, which increases your risk for tooth decay.
- Avoid drinks that contain added sugar such as cordial, fruit juice and soft drinks: Beverages that contain sugar and acid increase the risk for tooth decay.
- Eat Nutritious meals: Your body requires a well-balanced diet in order for it to function properly. The foods that you choose to eat will not only affect your body’s general health but also the health of your teeth and gums.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily: Plaque can accumulate between the teeth where the bristles of your tooth brush can’t reach. Flossing will help to remove any food or plaque from between your teeth and from under the gum line to prevent decay and gum disease.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleans and oral examinations every 6 months!
Latest from the Dental Blog
Importance of Dental Checkups: Why Regular Care is the Best Care
There are lots of things that can cause problems with your mouth, and some of them are easier to miss…