Flossing Away The Holiday Season
With Christmas done and dusted for another year and the arrival of 2017, it is now time to start thinking about your dental health – Don’t forget flossing!
During the holiday season you undoubtedly engaged in festive eating, which brings in many nasties harmful to your teeth. Good news… the silly season is over.
Refresh your oral routine today!
What is flossing?
Brushing your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for a minimum of two minutes is important. However, flossing is just as important in this process to help get rid of those stubborn food particles and remove plaque. Flossing is a critical step when cleaning your teeth as a build up of food and plaque can lead to issues such as tooth decay and gum disease.
Avoid the excuses of ‘I don’t know how to floss’ and follow our top tips Alternatively, come and speak to the Putney Dental Care staff who can show you how to floss with the correct technique. developing preventative habits are the best way to keep your oral health in its prime.
Top tips when flossing?
To get the most out of flossing, follow these simple tips:
- Start with a long piece of floss preferably 18 inches or wider. Twirl almost half of the floss around each of your index fingers leaving enough floss to work with
- Ensure you are holding the floss tightly and gently slide it up-and-down between your teeth. Try not to add pressure as this will irritate the gums
- Ensure your floss is curved around the base of each tooth and you are getting in the sides of your teeth and the gum line
- Never apply pressure or force when flossing
- Move to a clean section of the floss and move from tooth to tooth
Benefits of flossing?
- A healthy happy smile
- Clean teeth
- Avoid gum disease and tooth decay
- Excellent dental health
Fore more information, please contact the team at Putney Dental Care (02) 9808 2588
Subscribe to our newsletter
For the latest updates and specials
[mc4wp_form id=”3010″]How To Help Your Child Love The Dentist! Love your smile this Valentine’s Day with Teeth Whitening
Latest from the Dental Blog
Veneers, Teeth Whitening, Composite Fillings, Inlays and Onlays
There are many reasons our teeth can change in appearance over our life. Sometimes it’s an inherited trait, such as…
8 Things you didn’t about your Mouth
The mouth is one part of the human body that is as mysterious as it is fascinating. Some of its…
Most Common Dental Mistakes
For some people, brushing their teeth twice a day already accounts for good dental care. But there is so much…